* BIG!NYC's reuse centers are on their way to divert 4,000,000 pounds of usable building materials from the landfill in 2013.
* Our diversion rate reduces climate change emission by 3,200 MTCOE, which is like saving 360,000 gallons of gas.
* BIG!Compost has diverted 267,230 pounds of food scraps and given away 159,240 pounds of compost and 49,620 pounds of mulch so far this year.
* BIG!Blooms has given away 5,345 pieces of retired lumber to build 2,226 garden beds in over 1,269 community and school gardens in NYC.
* BIG!Gives Back has given away $300,000 worth of materials benefiting NYC's community and environment.
The BIG!NYC Calendar has moved to our EVENTS page.
What to Expect When You're Renovating - New Class on April 16th!
Check out this new course for first time renovators, presented by the Center for Architecture Foundation.
Carol Gretter, R.A., LEED
Melissa T. Billig, Esq., Partner, Construction & Design Practice at Ingram Yuzek Gainen Carroll & Bertolotti, LLP
Contemplating a renovation project and not sure how to get started? Start here! This could be the most useful two hours you spend preparing for this important event. Whether you are planning a kitchen redo or a more substantial addition or gut renovation, your project will go more smoothly if you know how the process works and what to anticipate before you get started.
Presented by a licensed architect with extensive experience in designing and managing residential projects in NYC and a legal expert, this informative 2-hour session will provide you with an overview of the process of renovating an apartment in NYC as well as code and legal issues.
Click here to register for this event. Tickets are $35 per person