Our Deconstruction services are available to professionally dismantle anything from a kitchen to a whole house. BIG!NYC's team will carefully uninstall your materials and remove the items, offering you a tax receipt for your donation and removing the items without a container fee. Deconstruction is also your best environmental, and often financial, alternative to the landfill.
Questions about deconstruction? Contact our Decon Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
* BIG!NYC's reuse centers are on their way to divert 4,000,000 pounds of usable building materials from the landfill in 2013.
* Our diversion rate reduces climate change emission by 3,200 MTCOE, which is like saving 360,000 gallons of gas.
* BIG!Compost has diverted 267,230 pounds of food scraps and given away 159,240 pounds of compost and 49,620 pounds of mulch so far this year.
* BIG!Blooms has given away 5,345 pieces of retired lumber to build 2,226 garden beds in over 1,269 community and school gardens in NYC.
* BIG!Gives Back has given away $300,000 worth of materials benefiting NYC's community and environment.
The BIG!NYC Calendar has moved to our EVENTS page.
Project: Kitchen Deconstruction
Since it's inception, the Build It Green!NYC Deconstruction Team has saved hundreds of kitchen cabinets from the landfill.
Below is an example of a kitchen deconstruction from an apartment in NYC.
This lovely cherry cabinet set, with countertop and appliances, was disassembled by Build It Green!NYC's Deconstruction Team (pictured right) in only a few hours, and all the items were removed and delivered to Build It Green!NYC's reuse center by our Deconstruction Team.
Click here to learn how to claim your donation on your taxes.
Special thanks to RNAPhoto, for the photos!