* BIG!NYC's reuse centers are on their way to divert 4,000,000 pounds of usable building materials from the landfill in 2013.
* Our diversion rate reduces climate change emission by 3,200 MTCOE, which is like saving 360,000 gallons of gas.
* BIG!Compost has diverted 267,230 pounds of food scraps and given away 159,240 pounds of compost and 49,620 pounds of mulch so far this year.
* BIG!Blooms has given away 5,345 pieces of retired lumber to build 2,226 garden beds in over 1,269 community and school gardens in NYC.
* BIG!Gives Back has given away $300,000 worth of materials benefiting NYC's community and environment.
The BIG!NYC Calendar has moved to our EVENTS page.
Featured Item: Steel Deck Mezzanine SOLD
This steel deck mezzanine was deconstructed by our team in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It's 100% steel, and supports high-density storage, whether for industrial warehouses or retail spaces.
This mezzanine is 9 feet tall to the top of the deck, with railing on one side and a steel stair included. Its dimensions are 56 feet long by 12 feet wide-- that's about 670 extra square feet of space to be gained just by putting this up!
The area underneath can be used for storage, office space, or anything else. As a semi-permanent structure, it can be disassembled and relocated, making it great for buildings with high ceilings. Get the most from your property by taking advantage of unused vertical space!
Retail price for this mezzanine is over $9,000, but ours is going for only $4,000. That's over 50% off-- enormous savings for enormous spaces! It's currently in our Gowanus reuse center and looking for a new home!