* BIG!NYC's reuse centers are on their way to divert 4,000,000 pounds of usable building materials from the landfill in 2013.
* Our diversion rate reduces climate change emission by 3,200 MTCOE, which is like saving 360,000 gallons of gas.
* BIG!Compost has diverted 267,230 pounds of food scraps and given away 159,240 pounds of compost and 49,620 pounds of mulch so far this year.
* BIG!Blooms has given away 5,345 pieces of retired lumber to build 2,226 garden beds in over 1,269 community and school gardens in NYC.
* BIG!Gives Back has given away $300,000 worth of materials benefiting NYC's community and environment.
The BIG!NYC Calendar has moved to our EVENTS page.
Celebrate Design Week: MAKESHIFT DIY Chair Party 5/19 at BIG!NYC Gowanus
The party may be over, but the DIY chairs live on! You can now buy these one-a-kind-creations from krrb.com's website - the auction begins now! krrb.com/bignycauction
Sunday, May 19th from 5-8pm at BIG!NYC in Gowanus:
Join us for a DIY Chair Workshop with Krrb and Alabama Chanin during Design Week on Sunday, May 19, 2013. Building on the success of last year’s event, Krrb and Alabama Chanin are at it again, alongside friends and design experts, Amy Devers and Tanya Aguiniga. Chairs, DIY tools and materials will be provided but space for the work shop is limited. The exhibition, sale and party are open to all.
The event will be located at everyone’s favorite reuse center, Build it Green!NYC at their Gowanus location. If you’ve never been, get ready to feast on Brooklyn’s secret treasure trove of building and home materials. To get a preview of the space, their goods and what will be on sale, check out their Krrb corner at Krrb.com/bignyc
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Chairs, DIY tools and materials provided
Hands-On Chair Workshop: 2-5pm (*FULL)
Exhibition, Sale + Party: 5-8pm (open to all)
Located at Build It Green!NYC, 69 9th St. Brooklyn, New York
15% off all purchases at Build It Green!NYC’s Gowanus Reuse Center on May 19th from 2-8pm.
To preview sale items, check out their Krrb corner at Krrb.com/bignyc
All sales and donations from the evening go toward Sandy Recovery for Build It Green!NYC.
Read about MAKESHIFT 2012 chair workshop in The New York Times.
Amy Devers (left) and Tanya Aguiniga (right) pose with their creation from Makeshift 2012.