* BIG!NYC's reuse centers are on their way to divert 4,000,000 pounds of usable building materials from the landfill in 2013.
* Our diversion rate reduces climate change emission by 3,200 MTCOE, which is like saving 360,000 gallons of gas.
* BIG!Compost has diverted 267,230 pounds of food scraps and given away 159,240 pounds of compost and 49,620 pounds of mulch so far this year.
* BIG!Blooms has given away 5,345 pieces of retired lumber to build 2,226 garden beds in over 1,269 community and school gardens in NYC.
* BIG!Gives Back has given away $300,000 worth of materials benefiting NYC's community and environment.
The BIG!NYC Calendar has moved to our EVENTS page.
Limitless - An Exercise in Reuse
A brand new fitness studio has opened it's doors in Staten Island, and their beautiful studio space is a prime example of the limitless options for reuse. Limitless Fitness Studios upcycled salvaged wood from Build It Green!NYC in Astoria, to frame their wall of mirrors.
Check out the photos and swing by their ribbon cutting ceremony this Sunday, October 28th from 1-4pm. Plus, mention "Build It Green!NYC" and get $5 off your first class at Limitless!