* BIG!NYC's reuse centers are on their way to divert 4,000,000 pounds of usable building materials from the landfill in 2013.
* Our diversion rate reduces climate change emission by 3,200 MTCOE, which is like saving 360,000 gallons of gas.
* BIG!Compost has diverted 267,230 pounds of food scraps and given away 159,240 pounds of compost and 49,620 pounds of mulch so far this year.
* BIG!Blooms has given away 5,345 pieces of retired lumber to build 2,226 garden beds in over 1,269 community and school gardens in NYC.
* BIG!Gives Back has given away $300,000 worth of materials benefiting NYC's community and environment.
The BIG!NYC Calendar has moved to our EVENTS page.
How BIG!NYC Can Help
Looking for materials for your non-profit's next project? Build It Green!NYC is here to help!
Build It Green!NYC is committed to providing low cost salvaged building materials to all our customers, with inventory priced 40-80% off regular retail prices. Qualified 501c nonprofit organizations are eligible to receive an additional 20%* nonprofit discount if they bring their ST-119 tax exemption documentation at the time of their purchase.
Build It Green!NYC donates used lumber to local community & school gardens in New York City. We are looking for more community or school gardens in NYC to share these materials with! Click here to apply for BIG!Blooms. Please allow 2 weeks for your application to be reviewed and processed. You will receive an email regarding the status of your donation.
Since the BIG!Blooms program began in later 2011, BIG!NYC has donated 108 tons of salvaged lumber to community and school gardens via our BIG!Blooms program. That's enough wood to build 2,250 raised garden beds!
In addition to discounted merchandise, nonprofit and community organizations may apply to BIG!NYC’s monthly sponsorship program BIG!Gives Back. Each month BIG!NYC will select one nonprofit organization that fulfills at least two of the goals listed below to receive free materials for their project.
Projects that will be selected must include two of the following goals:
- focus on environmental issues
- benefit the local community
- educate about sustainable building projects
Applications are reviewed on a monthly basis. Click here to apply for BIG!Gives Back