& Sat-Sun 10am-5pm
In 2012 BIG!NYC:
* Diverted 1,200 tons of reuseable building materials from the landfill
* Donated over 57 tons of lumber to community & school gardens. That's 1,200 raised garden beds in NYC!
* Gave away $58,780 worth of materials to local organizations.
5/21 BIG!Compost Volunteer Orientation @ LIC (6:30-8pm). RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
5/28 BIG!Workshops: Know Your Tools: Women & Trans Tool 101 @ BIG!NYC Gowanus (6:30-8pm)
6/8 BIG!Workshops: Scaffolding Lumber Benches with Spark Workshops @ BIG!NYC Gowanus (11:30am-1:30pm)
6/15,22,29 BIG!Workshops: Make Your Own Folding Stool with Mr. Fox @ BIG!NYC Gowanus (3 sessions; 12:30-2pm)
Donations Acquisitions Internship
- Organize donor tracking (do input from forms/occasionally organize the files on the computer);
- Compile lists of possible surplus donors;
- Conduct outreach towards that list;
- Distribute our how to donate flyers (through mail and through flyer canvassing (by foot));
- Schedule manager's for meetings with possible surplus donors.
- Establish relationships with businesses to work with our organization.
- Learn more about businesses and perfecting the dialogue for asking for donations.
- Help out around the warehouse with painting or inventory projects.
- Be able to represent the organization and also help customers find their way through the warehouse.
- Help out with outreach and events.
Donations internships are available Monday through Friday, 10am-6pm (during reuse center hours). Donations internship will be based in Astoria, Queens. Deconstruction internship will be based in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
How can I apply for a Build It Green!NYC Internship?
Applications will be accepted, and positions filled, on a rolling basis. Applications will be accepted by email only. Include a cover letter, resume, two reference contacts, dates available, and estimated time commitment per week. All internship applicants should indicate the area or areas in which they would like to work; any foreign language skills they have; and whether they have obtained fellowship sponsorship.
This is an unpaid internship.