* BIG!NYC's reuse centers are on their way to divert 4,000,000 pounds of usable building materials from the landfill in 2013.
* Our diversion rate reduces climate change emission by 3,200 MTCOE, which is like saving 360,000 gallons of gas.
* BIG!Compost has diverted 267,230 pounds of food scraps and given away 159,240 pounds of compost and 49,620 pounds of mulch so far this year.
* BIG!Blooms has given away 5,345 pieces of retired lumber to build 2,226 garden beds in over 1,269 community and school gardens in NYC.
* BIG!Gives Back has given away $300,000 worth of materials benefiting NYC's community and environment.
The BIG!NYC Calendar has moved to our EVENTS page.
Durst, one of NYC's oldest, largest, and "greenest" privately owned real estate firms, gave Build It Green!NYC a startup grant. Founded in 1915, Durst is widely recognized as a world leader in the development of technologically advanced and environmentally responsible commercial property. Its flagship tower at 4 Times Square was recognized as the first "green" high-rise office building in the United States, and has been praised by environmentalists.
In 2004, the Durst Organization hired Build It Green!NYC to perform a skim deconstruction of at its development at 1 Bryant Park and St.Francis Apartment Building providing the material used to originally stock our store. The Durst Organization also provided a grant to allow the founding of Build It Green! NYC.
More info coming soon!
More coming soon!