& Sat-Sun 10am-5pm
In 2012 BIG!NYC:
* Diverted 1,200 tons of reuseable building materials from the landfill
* Donated over 57 tons of lumber to community & school gardens. That's 1,200 raised garden beds in NYC!
* Gave away $58,780 worth of materials to local organizations.
5/21 BIG!Compost Volunteer Orientation @ LIC (6:30-8pm). RSVP to email@example.com
5/28 BIG!Workshops: Know Your Tools: Women & Trans Tool 101 @ BIG!NYC Gowanus (6:30-8pm)
6/2 BIG!Workshops: Mosaic What Your Momma Gave You @ BIG!NYC Gowanus (11:30am-1:30pm)
6/8 BIG!Workshops: Scaffolding Lumber Benches with Spark Workshops @ BIG!NYC Gowanus (11:30am-1:30pm)
6/15,22,29 BIG!Workshops: Make Your Own Folding Stool with Mr. Fox @ BIG!NYC Gowanus (3 sessions; 12:30-2pm)
- Working one-on-one with the Deconstruction Team on various site visits
- Photographing potential donations on these site visits
- Creating and organizing inventory of incoming deconstructed items
- Drafting Donation Receipts for each Deconstruction Job
- Ongoing research for simliar services and non-profits
- Outreach to potential donors about Deconstruction jobs
- Writing BIG!NYC Newsletter articles on featured Deconstruction jobs
- Helping out in the general Warehouse - painting, constructing, processing items
- Participating in Intern Development Days
- Aiding in the organizational development of deconstruction and donation departments
Deconstruction internships are available Monday through Friday, 10am-6pm (during reuse center hours) and are based in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
How can I apply for a Build It Green!NYC Internship?
Applications will be accepted, and positions filled, on a rolling basis. Applications will be accepted by email only. Include a cover letter, resume, two reference contacts, dates available, and estimated time commitment per week. All internship applicants should indicate the area or areas in which they would like to work; any foreign language skills they have; and whether they have obtained fellowship sponsorship.
This is an unpaid internship.