Build It Green!NYC's Deconstruction Services are available to professionally dismantle anything from a kitchen to a whole house. Our team will carefully uninstall your materials and remove the items, offering you a tax receipt for your donation and removing the items without a container fee. Deconstruction is also your best environmental, and often financial, alternative to the landfill.
Questions about deconstruction? Contact our Decon Team at email@example.com
& Sat-Sun 10am-5pm
In 2012 BIG!NYC:
* Diverted 1,200 tons of reuseable building materials from the landfill
* Donated over 57 tons of lumber to community & school gardens. That's 1,200 raised garden beds in NYC!
* Gave away $58,780 worth of materials to local organizations.
5/21 BIG!Compost Volunteer Orientation @ LIC (6:30-8pm). RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
5/28 BIG!Workshops: Know Your Tools: Women & Trans Tool 101 @ BIG!NYC Gowanus (6:30-8pm)
6/2 BIG!Workshops: Mosaic What Your Momma Gave You @ BIG!NYC Gowanus (11:30am-1:30pm)
6/8 BIG!Workshops: Scaffolding Lumber Benches with Spark Workshops @ BIG!NYC Gowanus (11:30am-1:30pm)
6/15,22,29 BIG!Workshops: Make Your Own Folding Stool with Mr. Fox @ BIG!NYC Gowanus (3 sessions; 12:30-2pm)
Deconstruction at BIG!NYC
Benefits of Deconstruction include:
- Saving you money;
- Providing an environmentally responsible alternative to demolition which keeps reusable building materials out of the landfill;
- Substaintial tax benefits are available by donating materials to Build It Green!NYC, a non-profit organization;
- Creates 6 jobs for every 1 created by standard demolition practices;
- May help your project qualifty for LEED Certification (for residential remodeling projects or existing corporate buildings);
- Preserving historically significant materials;
- Retaining the embodied energy used to create original materials.